Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Eight days a week

Ok, so if I base my weeks on the old Beatles song, I only have a week until we leave for the States. Excitement doesn't even begin to touch what's going on here. Isabella keeps up with the official countdown. Elijah argues that we are going today or tomorrow or "3 days" depending on his mood. One of his favorite things to say is "3 days." "When's the last time you went potty, Elijah?" --"3 days." Which of course we all know isn't true, but he says it with confidence. "Elijah, when's your birthday?" --"3 days" It's the staple answer to any time related question...the three-year-old equivalent of "two weeks." (Money Pit)
We can't imagine what it will be like to be in a restaurant where no one is smoking. Or use seatbelts again. And don't even get me started on the car seat issue...which in all honesty could be a big deal as Lydia has never really been in one. Our kids are used to climbing all over the back seat of taxi, how are we ever going to strap them down?!? What's it going to be like to wear flip flops out and not come back with black feet? Or not having to dodge hockers, well, anywhere (hospitals included)? And of course, a very question, once I'm in a place where I can buy clothes that fit...how much money will I spend? Old Navy, here I come!!! Well, these are just a few questions that we are looking forward to answering! Hope to see you all soon!

5 comments:

Leah F said...

We hope you have a wonderful, relaxing, and fruitful time here in the States. I am so glad you have posted new pictures and information-the kids are getting so big, and so much has happened in your lives. We miss and love y'all.

Sperdutofamily said...

Leah,
I was wondering if you received my last email. I have been having a hard time with my "reply" being dropped into cyberspace oblivion! Hope you got it, because I know that you didn't get one of the ones I sent.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can go to old navy together. I love that store. We can go have a girls day out, that is if you have the time. I am sure you are swamped with things to do. Look forward to seeing you all. Have a safe trip. Love the Sperdutos in the U.S.

Leah F said...

Rachel-
I received an email probably a month or more ago, and i replied to it, but now cannot find the original email or my reply! I think I sent another one last week (or the week before? Time gets muddled with a baby), but I am not sure when! I will try to resend it to you:-)

Sperdutofamily said...

Nicole,
I am all about heading to Old Navy together! It's a date!!! See you soon.