Thursday, March 29, 2007

D-Day

Today is the first day of the rest of my vacation...or something like that. Only about 4 1/2 hours before we leave for the airport. Then begins the LONG travel. I am so excited that my stomach is a little gittery. I was debating whether or not to have coffee...but I'm sure that you can figure out what I decided there!
Anyway, the kids are so funny. Isabella keeps telling us that Grandma doesn't have (fill in the blank) in America. And Elijah keeps asking, "How many days til we go to Thailand?" And when I tell him we aren't going, he says," No, America Thailand." DUH! How could I be so stupid?!? And Lydia has no clue. Except last night she really enjoyed chewing the locks on our suit cases. And she tried to help me stitch up one of the suit cases.
But, nevertheless, the DAY has come. We are all packed up...save a few last minute things...and we have a plan for what to do in airports, and when we should make the kids sleep (I hope that'll work). We get to find out in just a few long hours if we have built America up to be "Disneyland." Or if the food really tastes as good as we remember. Or if a personal car is really as convenient as we remember. But we know that all of our family and friends are as wonderful as we remember them...we think. ;)
Love you all, and see you soon!!!

No comments: