Monday, March 29, 2010

Ready for Easter

Sometimes, living overseas, I have a hard time feeling "in season." Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, Fourth of July are not celebrated in the same way here. So as Easter is coming up I was getting a little mopey...no new Easter dresses for the girls and nice pants and vest for the boy. No Easter candy or seeing everything in pastels. No "displays" to remind me that its coming. Last night I was thinking about that when I overheard the kids singing in their room. Suddenly it hit me what they were singing: "What can wash away my sin, Nothing but the blood of Jesus." And now, while I still like all those other things, I am really ready for Easter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that my precious grandchildren were singing THAT song! Kiss them for Nana.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that my precious grandchildren were singing THAT song. Kiss them for Nana

Ashley said...

awesome!