Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Monday

I should have known this would happen. I finally decide to start something more regular on my blog and I have menu block...seriously, this almost never happens to me. Well, I've got most of my meals planned out and most likely we will have noodles or some other cheap Chinese food on the day I can't come up with anything.
Here's the true problem: I have the pre-vacation blues. I'm so excited about next week. All of the being warm, Indian food, Gloria Jeans, being warm, water parks, amusement parks, being warm, pizza, Thai food, being warm, aquarium, planetarium, TGIFridays, and of course, being warm! With all of this on my mind, everything I cook pales in comparison!
So, here's what's cookin' in the Sperduto house this week!
Monday
eggs and toast
sandwiches and popcorn
cheddar broccoli soup and bread
Tuesday
oatmeal
sandwiches and crackers
homemade chicken nuggets, roasted potatoes, green beans
Reese's pieces brownies (thanks, mom)
Wednesday
bagels
leftovers
chicken tacos and homemade tortillas
Thursday
eggs and toast
Chinese
beef and barley soup
Friday
Waffles
noodles
cheeseburgers, mac and cheese, cabbage
Saturday
pancakes
sandwiches
????
Sunday
leftover breakfast stuff
eat out
finish off the leftovers cause we are leaving!!!
Now that I've started this, I will immediately be taking a couple of weeks off. But hopefully, we get to eat lots of cereal and other stuff that's just too expensive to eat here. I'm off to clean up the table and work on my "no idle hands" projects (to be discussed in a later post!).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I made you the great cook you are today, but being a mediocre cook myself. I am always so impressed with the meal planning you do.
Kiss the babies and tell them that Nana loves them.
Love, Mom

Erica said...

This is a great idea. I'm not very good at planning out my meals, but I know it would be so helpful if I did. I might have to jump on your Menu Monday bandwagon! Yall have a great time on vaca!