Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Kids grow up so fast...

I am so amazed at how fast our kids are growing up. We feel that time moves very slowly where we live, and yet the kids are growing twice as fast. It feels like the kids will have had 10 birthdays in our 3 plus years here. We have had a couple of experiences lately that have really driven that home.
Isabella called Tim into her bedroom the other night, this is very common, a hope to spend 5 more minutes awake. She informed Tim that she had names picked out for her children when she grows up. The girl will be Angelina (after Angelina Ballerina). And the boy will have the name of Peter Pan. Already planning names, ahhh!
And yesterday, she was, as many little girls her age do, pretending to get married. We only had a purple blanket for her to drape around herself so she decided that I needed to buy her a white "marrying dress." On a whim, as I was trying to do something and wanted something that would occupy her, I pulled up the David's Bridal website and let her look at wedding dress. She had blast! In fact she looked again last night. After she felt she had seen all the dresses that were "her favorite" she called Elijah in and they looked at tuxes. Next we'll be picking out the hall to have the reception in and the future will only have to show up.
As for Elijah, he is making great steps forward. He is changing from the squirly toddler to a preschooler. I have told him that in the fall he will start preschool. He is very excited. He'll even sometimes sit quietly with us while Isabella does her Kindergarten. Lately, he's been asking me to do some school with him while Isabella takes breaks. This consists of reading just a couple stories, but six months ago, he couldn't sit through any story let alone two. If only we could get him to eat! Last night he did eat carrots willing...in carrot cake!
And Lydia has gone from just "being able" to walk to preferring to walk. She's so funny to watch running here and there. She's figured out how to go down the stairs. She turns around and slides her legs down first. She can even climb down off of our bed without going head first! She, as opposed to Elijah, will eat just about anything. But will happily let you know she's done by knocking the spoon out your hand or spitting the food out. It usually comes without warning and makes a great mess!
Lasts but not least, although the smallest, the new baby is I guess growing...my belly sure is. I am not as sick as I had been. I am hoping that if I keep telling this baby to be lazy and laid back I won't have another crawler until I am back in the States! We'll see!

No comments: