Sunday, September 10, 2006

Open Windows

Yesterday and today we have had wonderful weather. It's been in the mid to low 70's. What does that mean for us? Turn off the ac and open the windows. This is a completely different cultural experience here. Maybe this is what it is like in NYC, but not AR. No crickets chirping. But the guy down stairs, who likely has TB is spitting. Someone is listening to Peking Opera, which sounds like a stoned ferret being drowned (see Sports Illustrated, June 19, Life of Reilly, if you can read it without laughing you must be crazy!). Anyway, some one is playing a video game and someone else is watching a romance movie, I can tell because of the kind of music. This morning a woman had a baby, yes, I heard all of that too. I have gotten used to being in crowded places with a lot of people, but I'm not sure that I've gotten used to living with a lot of people. I kind of feel like I'm in a dorm with 2 million other people.

Yesterday, we had Elijah's birthday party. Poor guy, there are no kids here his age, so I think he felt a little left out of the playing. But he liked the Superman Birthday cake which I was prodigiously proud of, even though the red frosting was a little pink and I still have blue food coloring under my finger nail. And happily, we gave the rest of the cake away today to the friends who couldn't make and we didn't have to scarf down the rest of it before we left. Although, I'm always up for cake!
Anyway, sending some kid pics for you to enjoy!

No comments: