Monday, April 27, 2009

The birthday girl

For Isabella's 7th birthday we decided to wait to have the party since Tim was not going to be home. But I decided it would be the perfect day to take them to Silver Dollar City since my Dad had some free passes and had been wanting to go with us. The kids had a great time. Bella was so brave and rode the barn swing (which is pretty intense), thunderation, and then powder keg (which leaves me a little weak-kneed!). Elijah rode thunderation 3 times...and has been asking to go back so he can ride again. And Lydia shocked us all. She had not been able to ride any of the rides until we got to Fire in the Hole (which really she only measured tall enough because her hair was sticking up!). We got in line and Dad and I started talking about whether or not it would scare her. We decided that it was too much so I took her out of line. By the time I reached the end of line to leave, she realized what we were doing and started crying the most broken hearted cry I've ever heard! So I decided I would take her in line and talk it up as the scariest ride in the world and thought she would back out at the last minute...she did not. In fact, she rode it and did great. She keeps saying, I want to go Fire in the Hole again, again. Anyway, that even Grandma bought a tiny cake for the kids to share. Enjoy!

No comments: