Saturday, March 01, 2008

Play Ball!

The kids are really excited because this summer, Isabella and Elijah will be playing softball and T-ball, respectively. Lydia feels a little left out though. She loves balls and likes to through a lot!
In our country, eggs are rarely refridgerated...something I had a hard time relaxing about at first. We have to wash the eggs as well since the sellers try to prove "freshness" by leaving evidence of the eggs last place of inhabitance. So sometimes the eggs will sit on the counter until we have time to wash them. A couple of days ago I was sorting Isabella and Elijah clothes in their room, when Lydia came in and yelled "BALL!" She threw something that I first thought was a toy, but then I realized it didn't bounce. I turned to look and see what "ball" she had thrown and lo and behold, it was an egg! It was really funny...a mess clean up but still funny. I'm looking forward to having counters she can't reach!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dylan is excited to get to play ball as well, expecially since he gets to play with Elijah. Although me and Albert might need to start teaching him the basics since he is under the impression that he will hit the ball off of the T and then chase it down and get it before anyone else. We look forward to seeing you.

Nicole

Sperdutofamily said...

yeah, Elijah keeps saying that he doesn't want to play because the other kids will only speak Chinese. He has no concept of other kids speaking English. And he cannot catch a ball, I'm a little worried about that.

thegrandpattys said...

Oh, my poor boy!! I can't wait to watch and help them, it should be interesting. I think it will be good for them all.