Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Can't always be right...

So yesterday Elijah wanted to go on my walk with me. I'm not sure why walking around in a circle is fun for a four year old, but I like the company. One thing that you have to understand is that in Asia it takes MONTHS for them to take the Christmas trees down. As we passed one of the many Christmas trees still up, Elijah realized that the music was also Christmas music. He got really excited and said that today was Christmas. I told him that Christmas had already come and gone. And he, as a four year old, argued with me at some length. He finally asked if it were Christmas somewhere else, like another country. I said no. Christmas was over and done with EVERYWHERE! And then yesterday night, we were watching CNN and lo and behold. I WAS WRONG!!! Apparently, in Russia, they celebrate Christmas on January 7th (maybe the 6th with the time difference). On CNN they were showing a video clip from a Christmas mass. And so there it is, just when you think you are confident of something...CNN proves you wrong! And Elijah was right! Yesterday, it was Christmas in Russia.

No comments: