Friday, June 29, 2007

The Beard

For the last almost 2 years Tim has worn either a goatee or beard...well, that came off yesterday!
This event spawned quite a story! I am the one who encouraged Tim to cut it, not because I don't like, I do. I have felt particularly warm this summer, which makes me assume that everyone else is really hot too! So for a "summer do" Tim shaved it off...how long that will last I don't know. But I told him he could grow it back if he didn't like it. A little while later Elijah came into the kitchen to announce that he too was growing a beard! This is medical mystery, but he very proud of the "growth" and tells everyone about it! Some friends came over last night to hangout (or maybe so the wife, who had heard about my beardless husband from her husband, wanted to see!). Elijah also informed them that he was growing his beard. They admired his "whiskers." And he informed them that his whiskers would be poking people soon, so they needed to be careful! So far, thankfully, no one has had any injuries from his "poky whiskers!"

And for more fun, here are a couple of pictures I took of the kids on a Saturday morning. Lydia is chewing a lot these days due to some new teeth, #7 just poked through. Isabella and Elijah are both benefiting from Isabella's ability to read, although he still prefers me to read "The Wild Things" as he calls it! Hope everyone is gearing up for a fun 4th of July...that will be our one year mark to begin the final countdown!

2 comments:

falfie said...

Elijah's "pokey beard" is about one of the cutest things I have heard! I don't think I have ever seen Tim with a beard in person, so I was actually surprised to see it in the pics. I have become a fan of facial hair and like it when Chuck grows some, but can definately understand the hot and uncomfortable feeling... well, I think I can at least...

falfie said...

Chuck was looking at your blog with me and said that Tim has a "George Clooney look" going on. :)