Friday, February 13, 2009

The Simple Things

I get convicted that I get really "busy" doing things that I feel are important and often neglect the little, simple things. Today, in Isabella's reading she read about a little girl who had a tea party with her mom. The mom let her use her best China and spent all afternoon with her. I feel like a lot of time I don't drop everything just to spend some time with the kids. So we had a tea party while Ellie was done for a nap. I got down the cups and saucers. Boiled a little tea, added milk and sugar. And of course we had to have a little "cake," which was actually those little 100 calorie brownies (no, our cups aren't that big, those brownies are really that small). So cheers to a few simple minutes spent with the kids! Enjoy your loved ones today.

"I don't like it!" Big surprise!

Pinkies up!

4 comments:

Christy said...

Rachel, your kids are adorable! What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on enjoying your kiddos. I wish I had done more of that fun, special stuff with you. Love, Mom

Erica said...

Oh, my. I have tears running down my cheeks. I rarely ever stop to do the simple things with my kids. I've been at my desk working for 7 hours now-stopping in to check the blogs has been my first break- except for the 1 time I got up to go potty!-and I'm nowhere near done and my poor older children have been taking care of Gracie for me so I can work... they need me to be more fun.
After reading this, I'm gong to try really hard to slow down this weekend and make it up to them.

Leah F said...

I love your tea party, Rachel! What book was Isabella reading?