Monday, October 08, 2007

Haircuts

Note: Just as I am about to write this blog, I go to check out one of my friend's blog while I am waiting to be signed in. Turns out her baby, Georgia, just got her first haircut too!


Lydia's hair has gotten very long in the front and in the back. In the front it was hanging down in her eyes. Yesterday, in a desperate attempt to help her look like her hair was fixed and not just shaggy, I pulled it up...four times in a hair band and two or three times in a clip. Out of great frustration then this morning, much to Tim's disappointment, I decided to give her bangs. Anyway, it didn't turn out great (mostly because she was shaking her head the whole time) but hopefully it will get her through the awkward stage! Below are the Before and Afters! It may be a little hard to tell the difference, since we always pushed her hair out of her face before we took pictures. Enjoy!


Before



After



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did a great job! She looks adorable in her new hair cut. You are developing quite a stable of skills as you live overseas.

Nana

Leah F said...

You managed to put it off much longer with Lydia than I did with Georgia--her hair was just crazy! and she yanked out all attempts at bows. Amazingly, though her hair was just cut last week, I have already noticed how quickly it has grown and 'filled' in some. You did a good job with Lydia's hair; she is a beautiful little girl.

Sperdutofamily said...

Leah, you are right I was able to put Lydia's haircut off for a long time. In April, when she was about Georgia's age, she still had very short hair. Let's just say, though, that since poor Bella's hair has not been officially cut because it was long enough to be cut, we are very PROUD of Lydia's crazy hair!!! I feel your pain on the bows. But she is such a sweet, pretty thing, you can't stay frustrated with her too long, right?
BTW, I appreciated Nathan's blog "America in Not a Christian Nation." Although, I'm sure in some circles he would likely to be burned at the stake for a statement like that. Thank you too for getting that Devotion info, I appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, you did a great job on her hair! She is such a pretty girl!

Ashley